Friday 12 February 2010

Metal work


Metalworking is the process of working with metals to create individual parts, assemblies, or large scale structures. The term covers a wide range of work from large ships and bridges to precise engineparts and delicate jewellery.
Metal work has evolved from the discovery of smelting various ores, producing malleable and ductile metal useful for tools and adornments. Modern metalworking processes, though diverse and specialized, can be categorized as forming, cutting or joining processes.
Almost all other metals are found in ores, a mineral bearing rock, that require heat or some other process to liberate the metal. Another feature of gold is that it is workable as it is found, meaning that no technology beyond eyes to find a nugget and a hammer and an anvil to work the metal is needed. Stone hammer and stone anvil will suffice for technology. This is the result of gold's properties of malleability and ductility. The earliest tools were stone, bone, wood, and sinew. They sufficed to work gold.

1 comment:

  1. plasterer sutton
    It really is great propaganda, even I found myself thinking it might not be all bad and then they'd say something to remind me of what they weren't saying about the program. My friend who's 15 found it for me last night, came to my room saying, "you've got to see this! it's what you said in that video I saw of you." Funny how many teenagers can so easily grasp the implications when most adults cannot. I'm expanding the chapter on cops now too, and the chapter on abcd HAS to have the Michelle quote; she validated me. :) P.S. I asked Nord to just send you the old books and we can work something out later.

    ReplyDelete